- They are a less expensive alternative compared to a regular gasoline engine operation. Diesel fuels’ low costs and low maintenance requirements will result to lower operation costs for energy production. Energy produced through diesel can be used in many other power generations for industry appliances and applications. Lower energy costs also result to decreased production costs, thus moderating products’ prices in the market.
- Diesel is the most available among all the fossil fuels around the world. It can be found almost everywhere. It is very convenient for businesses that have field offices in remote areas and diesel generators can easily compensate energy requirements everywhere. It is the best economical energy solution.
- Diesel generators have another valuable advantage over other machines because they have high market value. They are very popular and easily re-sold. The after-sale value remains high. Buy either a new one or as lightly used diesel generator for remote office use and sell it with little to no depreciation costs.
- In terms of stability and performance, diesel generators are very stable, reliable, scalable and show high performance. Diesel generators are commercially grade machines and can withstand extreme weathering and exhibit high performance during continuous use. They are highly preferred by industry experts because they have high fault tolerance.
- Available support for diesel engines is very common, thus when faced with any mechanical and technical problems, support is always available from local technician or mechanic. Any parts of the diesel machine that gets out of order, can easily be replaced.
- A diesel generator is a multi-purpose machine. It is not designed for power generation only. It can be used to provide power in places where there are no other sources of energy available. Many electricity providers use diesel generators to generate commercial electricity. This can be supplied to consumers for a specific geographic location.
This article is a continuation of our series about various topics in renewable energy. Diesel generators have been in use for the last century. They have been in commercial use in various industries for more than a hundred years now. The primary purpose is to extract chemical energy from diesel fuel and convert it to electrical energy. Diesel generators are most often used when there is no direct access to utility power for homeowners, buildings and construction work sites and transportation. They serve as UPS or uninterrupted power supply to homes, hospitals, airports and other commercial businesses. Without power, businesses cannot maintain their operations. These generators are also used as back up for constant power supply, and totally relied upon as a trusted power source. Continuous power supply is very important to businesses regardless whether small scale or large scale industries. A diesel generator is perhaps the least expensive machine that can provide the best price compared to gasoline, propane and natural gas generators (depending on fuel cost). It is the few moving machine components, requires reasonably few repairs and maintenance. Other benefits you will enjoy when you acquire your own diesel generator.